“The pot she makes when someone needs looking after.”
食咗飯未呀?入嚟坐啦。Have you eaten yet? Come in, sit down.
Come home for soup.
阿媽個煲,煲咗成日。 115 family soups written down, so home can reach you anywhere — every pot named, counted and sourced.
The board above the shop counter, exactly as she’d chalk it — every label tells you what went in, named, counted, sourced. 「落足料,唔落味精。」
“The pot she makes when someone needs looking after.”
“The pot Ah Ma keeps for her night owls.”
“Heaty? Then this is the pot.”
「乾貨去開嗰間藥材舖執,邊個櫃桶有咩,阿媽閉埋眼都知。」
Every dried ingredient, jar by jar — named, explained, and checked against real Australian shelves.
行入百子櫃Browse the cabinet「啲肉同魚,朝朝喺街市新鮮買返嚟。檔主識阿媽㗎,最靚嗰啲實留返俾阿媽。」
The meat, fish and greens are bought fresh each morning — and your shopping list already knows the counters.
買餸單The shopping listCook it tonight · 日日都煲得
「日日新鮮煲,趁熱攞,趁熱飲呀。」
Every recipe written the way she actually cooks it — named, counted, sourced, and timed.
飲湯喇Browse the soupsThe confinement month · 寄湯上門
「唔喺香港?唔緊要,阿媽封好個箱,當寄咗封信俾你。」
For a daughter in her confinement month: her letters and her soups, packed the way she seals a letter.
坐月The confinement packageDelivery zones announced at launch — the promise only ships where the soup genuinely can.
乖,食咗飯未呀?
Dear child — have you eaten yet?
嗰邊係咪轉凍喇?著多件衫,唔好凍親呀。
Is it turning cold over there? Put on another layer — don't catch a chill.
阿媽今日煲咗你至鍾意嘅湯,煲咗成日㗎。你唔喺度,個煲仲留住你嗰份。
I made your favourite today, simmered the whole day. You weren't here, but the pot still keeps your share.
幾時返嚟呀?返嚟之前,阿媽啲湯譜全部喺度——跟住煲,就係屋企嘅味道。
When are you coming home? Until then, every one of my recipes is here — follow them, and it tastes like home.
屋企實有碗湯等你。
There is always a bowl waiting for you at home.
保重身體,錫晒你。
—— 媽字
Take care of yourself. Love you to bits. — From Mum
最近點呀?同阿媽講。
How have you been lately? Tell Ah Ma.
咪成日捱夜啦。呢煲好清潤,啱晒你。
Late nights again? Snow pear and fig — the pot Ah Ma keeps for her night owls.
熱氣呀?飲返碗青紅蘿蔔湯啦,最清熱。
Heaty? Then it’s green radish and carrot — the pot every Hong Kong mum reaches for.
轉天氣喇,煲個花膠雞湯補下身,著多件衫呀。
The weather’s turning — fish maw and chicken, the pot Ah Ma always makes when the seasons change. And put on another layer.
「留低個地址啦,有靚湯阿媽就叫你返嚟飲湯。」
One letter a week, at most — when there’s good soup, Ah Ma will call you home for soup.
No spam, no guilt — Ah Ma doesn’t do either. 保重身體。
Lo Fo Tong is cultural food-heritage reference, not medical advice. If you are pregnant, unwell or on medication, talk to your doctor or registered practitioner before changing what is in the pot.